Hardy Fence specializes in “Complete” Custom Fence replacements and Custom new builds. We do not build Fences for spec builders, repair Fences unless under our warranty, nor do we build partial Fences. Our in house installation Crews are set up with Large specialized trucks for Complete Residential Fence Projects, HOA Fence Projects, Commercial Projects, or Large Apartment Complex Fence Projects. We appreciate your interest and look forward to building you a Fence the right way the first time! Please read why Fence Structure is the Key.
The difference between the Hardy Fence Standard Privacy dog ear fence and most other fence companies is in the structural details.
- Hardy Fence uses pressure treated, 2x4x16’, horizontal rails. These rails are staggered, leaving two solid boards over each post when using a kickboard. This practice creates the fence structure. This is why one of our fences was the only fence standing in Lancaster after a T4 tornado did considerable damage to the neighborhood, leaving many homeless April 3, 2012. We lost 44 pickets, but the fence structure held up.
- We use Stainless Steel ring shank nails – which do not react to the phenolic acids in Western Red Cedar and will hold your pickets in place to stand the test of time.
- Hardy Fence uses American made galvanized posts – we know better than to use wood poles or imported junk.
- We use 12 gauge Simpson PGTR-2 brackets not 16 Gauge economy ones.
- Hardy Fence uses four bolts per bracket – Four bolts are better than two.
- We use #1 and #2 select grade Western Red Cedar Fence Pickets – which hold up better than lesser grades and definitely have a better finished look than a picket you can buy off the shelf.
- Hardy Fence pickets are generally much thicker than those purchased at a retail store. Thicker pickets last longer and hold up better to the extremes of our Texas climate.